I’m an attorney in a solo practice in Glens Falls, New York. My practice is concentrated in family law, real estate, small business issues including business formation, trademarks, environmental law, zoning and planning, and civil and criminal litigation helping individuals and small businesses with their legal issues and questions.
I’ve been in several mid-size law partnerships in the Glens Falls – Saratoga Springs and Albany areas for over 30 years. Based on this experience (and also having been on the “other side of the desk”, hiring lawyers for my own legal matters), I’m committed to the following client‑oriented principles and business practices:
• The client comes first. Unlike most law firm lawyers, I don’t delegate your matter to associates or paralegals and see “rainmaking” and “getting new business in the door” as my primary job. I’m a committed professional and I will provide my professional assistance to you personally.
• My rates are reasonable. I try to use fixed fee, low rates, and agree with my clients on the fees beforehand. I hate “hourly billing” and the unpleasant surprises of legal bills and high fees as much as most clients do.
• You’re paying only for my efforts, results and experience in helping you. As a sole practitioner, you aren’t paying for “overhead” like paralegals, staff, associates, photocopier/phone charges and partner profits. It’s just me and my laptop computer, benefitting from the low overhead and inexpensive communications that modern technology allows for.
• I’m accessible and responsive. Like most lawyers, I must work on matters for many different clients, however, I pledge and guarantee that I will always return all phone calls and emails you may make inquiring about the status of your matter within one business day.
• I don’t “nickle and dime” my clients with small charges. Your fee covers the reasonable necessities of the work like postage, phone charges, photocopies, car mileage, faxes and the like. I’ve learned that clients don’t have a problem with a fair fee for legal work but they hate law firms that see their copy machines as profit centers. If there are major client charges for court filing fees or transcripts that you’re responsible for paying, I’ll let you know about that beforehand.
The AVVO attorney rating website rates me as “Superb”, 9.9 on a 10 point scale, based on peer attorney and client reviews, experience, and other factors.
A ”resume” of my legal experience can also be found on my LinkedIn public profile at the LinkedIn website:
You are also invited to “follow” me on this blog and Twitter @jack_lebowitz
If you are interested in talking with me about my services and how you might benefit, here is my contact information. Contact me by any of these methods with your questions and I will be in touch:Jack R. Lebowitz, Attorney Lebowitz Legal Services, PLLC 206 Glen St Ste 56 PO Box 4244 Glens Falls, NY 12804-0244 (518) 282-4472 Fax: (518) 480-2201 Skype: jack.lebowitz Web: http://jacklebowitz.com Email: jack@LebowitzPLLC.com
Online Appointment scheduling: http://jackle.bo/_seeme (note forward slash and underscore in all short URLs)
Online Bill Pay: http://jackle.bo/_payme
Complete contact information: http://jackle.bo/_sig
A downloadable “VCard” (*.vcf file) with my contact information which you can import into your Microsoft Outlook, Mac Address Book or iOS Contacts is available at http://jackle.bo/_vcard.
All materials on this website are © 2012-2013 Lebowitz Legal Services, PLLC. All rights reserved.
I’m admitted to practice in the New York State courts and related federal courts (Northern District of New York, Second Circuit Court of Appeals and United States Supreme Court) and provide services only to residents of New York, or regarding matters or property in New York.
As required by the New York State Rules of Professional Conduct at 22 NYCRR Part 1200, you are advised that this website contains “attorney advertising” and general information. It’s not intended to provide specific legal advice or assistance regarding your situation without further consultation. Also, prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome.
Photo by Craig Murphy Photography.
For attorneys or other professionals or contractors who have to track client time and expenses, I heartily recommend Harvest, a time tracker that syncs quickly and flawlessly on your PC, browser or smartphone. Timekeeping has gone from being the bane of my existence to being easy. Click the button below for more information and a first month’s discount on this incredibly inexpensive service (after the one month free trial; no credit card needed).
Website designed and written by Jack Lebowitz on a MacBook Pro with the WordPress.com Wu Wei theme by Jeff Ngan.